The Nature’s Head Composting unit is a dry toilet that maximizes the amount of compost collected while being portable and adaptable to a myriad of different living and survival situations.
Since composting can be a messy business, it is absolutely integral that the toilet handling the task is equipped to deal with any potential residue. The Nature’s Head will not incur stains, and is resistant to build up that can occur on iterations using different materials.
Translucent Liquid Tank
The toilet itself utilizes a translucent liquid tank to guarantee that visual inspection is an easy option to constantly monitor its capacity. The reservoir is ample enough to allow days to pass before emptying.
An innovative spider handle is simple and effective to ensure that installation is not only brief, but tightly secure and foolproof. Moreover, since the handle can be manipulated with ease, moving the unit to a new area will not prove to be a headache.
Medical Hose And Connectors
The connectors and medical hose eliminate the need for clamps, which can be cumbersome and less efficient.
Contemporary Trap Door And Bowl Design
The performance of a composting toilet is entirely dependent upon its capabilities, and the Nature’s Head does not necessitate the use of liners or coffee filters to operate.
First Impressions After Receiving the Product:
Upon purchasing the Nature’s Composting Toilet, the first thing that is immediately noticeable is its generous size and stature of the actual bowl. Depending upon the dimensions of the area with which you intend to place it, this can be both a good or bad thing. That said, if you have any familiarity with toilets specifically designed for this biological process, you probably have an idea of the real estate it would take up ahead of time.
The amount of compost that can be held by bucket style brands cannot hold a candle to the quantity the Nature’s Head provides. Solids only need emptying after about 70 uses, and urine every couple of days. While competing compost toilets provide similar numbers, there is no doubt the Nature’s Head leads the pack if minimum removal is crucial to you and your environment.
By removing the toilet seat and having the bowl molded to sitting, the cleanup process is dramatically improved, and makes for safer use, especially with children. The design is logical and simple, and as such, implements a very user-friendly feel. Because of this it is invaluable to individuals new to the world of compost, or those already seasoned to the cause. The luxury of having very few components is that it cannot break to the point where its longevity is compromised.
Through its system of diverting urine, it assures that excess moisture is always under control. The air circulation fan is low volume and is advantageous in eliminating foul odors as well as recycling air in the immediate area. When side by side with other dry toilets, the smells emitted are night and day, and something that should be noted by potential buyers concerned about stinking up a confined space.
Besides its obvious application in relation to streamlining your compost process, it occurred to me how well the unit would aid those with limited to no electricity and minimal plumbing. Since it can be moved and mounted so fast it is perfect for waste solutions that need to be implemented quickly. Additionally, it is ideal for camping or off-grid sites that may otherwise be problematic for traditional toilet use.
Another positive selling point to the fact that its design is very straight forward is that if any unexpected problems occur in its functionality, a simple screwdriver or light adjustment is likely all that is needed. It is the pinnacle of low maintenance waste with the high reward of delivering quality compost.
- Manufactured in the U.S. to avoid inexpensive pieces that do not stand the test of time
- Effortless to disassemble so emptying takes seconds
- Fit for several settings including home or tiny house, boat, workshop, RV, cabin and more
- Unobtrusive seat that is long and accommodating for all ages and sizes
- Fan and vent hose come included so consumers do not have to be on the lookout for the right fit
- Easily portable at just 28 pounds when empty
- Eliminates a traditional toilet seat that can crack, break and age over time
- 5 year warranty so it can be bought with confidence
- Main tank is angled in the rear to make installation on the hull-side of a boat a breeze
- Composting handle can be briskly mounted on both sides of the unit to adapt to your comfort, as can the built-in fan and vent hose
- While most everything is included for working installation, an external vent will still need to be obtained
- At 5 feet in length, the vent hose can become a problem for users that need to extend it further from a cramped space
- Installing in low light locations is suitable but will make for emptying out the urine in particular a bit inconvenient
- The vent fan is productive but can be overpowered by larger fans in the same space, adversely affecting the ventilation
- Though entirely up to the user, the Nature’s Head is not a perfect fit with peat moss, with lighter alternatives being recommended
With worldwide distribution and thousands of units sold, Nature’s Head is a respectable and highly efficient medium to bring all your compost goals to fruition. This is accomplished through the dry toilet that emphasizes reliability and effectiveness. Though an unassuming device, it is one capable of taking care of users regardless of location and even the harshest of circumstances. Through incorporating stainless hardware it is worthwhile at sea or on land, and equally competent on both. The materials that it is comprised of also take into account sudden changes in temperature, which are occasionally unexpected and can be a burden. The Nature’s Head is a device that pays for itself with extended use and is manufactured by sturdy and trustworthy materials.